About Me

My photo
I am happily married to Paprika, my husband of 21 years, and we have two beautiful little girls who joined our family much later than we anticipated, but we are eternally thankful they arrived. I am also a teacher/librarian with 20 years experience in public education currently working as an elementary school librarian.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Random (?) Act of Kindness

We took the girls to the Log Cabin Village in Fort Worth this afternoon for the annual fall harvest celebration. We stopped at the IHOP for breakfast on our way where, much to our surprise, a gentleman in a purple Alcorn State University t-shirt who was eating breakfast with a girl that I assume was his daughter, paid for our breakfast! The waitress came to our table after he left to let us know that he covered our tab. Yes, he did! Very surprising since he had to endure a good 45 minutes of restless preschoolers at the table next to him. Anyway, it made our day...and I immediately began thinking about how I could pass the kindness on to someone else. Isn't it funny how we tend to pass on whatever we receive, whether it's kindness or cruelty? Considering all that we've received from our heavenly Father we ought to be passing on much more kindness than we do....or at least I do. Maybe you guys are better about that than I am. Maybe if we (I) spent more time focusing on what I've already been given, instead of all the things that I want, it would be easier. Who would have thought you could get a life-lesson alongside your order of pancakes?



The girls had a great time at the Log Cabin Village. We saw candles being dipped, dinner being cooked over a fire, and a blacksmith at work. We got to grind corn, rope a 'cow' (or in Zoe's case, a cowboy!), and split wood. It was a great day all around!








1 comment:

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

How fun that you have a blog! I look forward to following your family's adventures. Your girls have grown so much since the last time I saw them. I guess that would have been my baby shower which was 13 months ago. Wow! And it looks like y'all had a great time at the Log Cabin Village. Can you believe I've lived here all my life and never visited. That will be a good little field trip for me and Ezra in maybe a year or two. :0)