About Me

My photo
I am happily married to Paprika, my husband of 21 years, and we have two beautiful little girls who joined our family much later than we anticipated, but we are eternally thankful they arrived. I am also a teacher/librarian with 20 years experience in public education currently working as an elementary school librarian.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Birthday Dance

Sugar's teacher goes above and beyond what any parent could expect to make each of her students feel special each day, but birthdays are a major event! The birthday boy or girl is greeted at the entrance with a message in sidewalk chalk and a blow-up cake, he or she receives a special birthday gift (which is top secret and must be opened at home so as not to spoil the surprise for others!), and then the birthday dance begins. If that weren't enough, the principal bestows a birthday blessing upon him or her during chapel service. It was incredible and I'm so glad I got to be there to see this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um...did I miss something? Last time I checked, Sugar's bday wasn't for another six months. Are we doing summer birthdays early or has she moved her bday?

Poppyseed said...

I guess I should have explained that! Sugar's school celebrates the summer birthdays at their halfway mark.